|1.||Name of Principal & Contact details||Mrs Anubha Goyal,
|2.||Secretary,Organizing Committee & Contact No||Ashok Talukdar,
+91 7002188348, +91 9707588698.
|3.||Address of school||BETKUCHI, OPPOSITE ISBT, NH 37, GUWAHATI 781035, ASSAM|
|4.||Email of Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|5.||Website of School||www.rgs.edu.in|
|6.||Distance of School from Airport||18 km|
|7.||Distance of School from Guwahati Railway Station||14 km|
|8.||Climate of Guwahati||About 30 degree Celsius (Average Temperature)|
|9.||Arrival of Teams||4 th October 2018 (09:00 AM onwards)|
|10.||Players & Managers meet||4 th October,2018 (06:00 PM)|
|11.||Inauguration Ceremony||5 th October , 2018(09:00 AM )|
|12.||First round starts||5 th October , 2018 (10:30 AM)|
|13.||Closing Ceremony||7 th October , 2018 (03:00 PM)|
|14.||Departure||7 th October, 2018 ( 05:00 PM onwards)|
|15.||Accommodation to players & officials||In Campus|
|16.||Food||School canteen & cafeteria|
|17.||Chess Board & Chess Timer||Each school must bring 2 chess boards and 2 chess timers per team as per CBSE guidelines.|
1. Rules of the All India Chess Federation and FIDE shall apply to the Inter-School Chess tournament unless, otherwise, modified in these rules.
2. The team championship will be held in under 11; 14; 17 & 19 years age category in both the sections i.e. Girls and Mixed.
3. Every school that wishes to participate is entitled to field the following teams. The constitution of team members shall be:
(i) Under 11 years Mixed Category: Either only Boys‟ or Boys‟ & Girls‟ mixed team (born on or after 1.1.2008)
(ii) Under 11 years Girls Category: Only Girls‟ as team members (born on or after 1.1.2008)
(iii) Under 14 years Mixed Category: Either only Boys‟ or Boys‟ & Girls‟ mixed team (born on or after 1.1.2005)
(iv) Under 14 years Girls Category: Only Girls‟ as team members (born on or after 1.1.2005)
(v) Under 17 years Mixed Category: Either only Boys‟ or Boys & Girls mixed team (born on or after 1.1.2002)
(vi) Under 17 years Girls Category: Only Girls as team members (born on or after 1.1.2002)
(vii) Under 19 years Mixed Category: Either only Boys‟ or Boys & Girls mixed team (born on or after 1.1.2000)
(viii) Under 19 years Girls Category: Only Girls as team members (born on or after 1.1.2000)
4. The tournament will be played according to the Swiss System (Seven/Six Rounds). A team shall not play against any other team more than once.
5. A team may consist of a maximum of 04 players (with no reserve). Each playing against the other of the same status in order of ranking.
6. Each school shall clearly state the names of its team members before the start of the tournament. Captain/Manager shall submit the original ranking order to the Chief Arbiter before the start of the tournament.
7. Each team must play through the entire tournament. However, if a team is forced by circumstances beyond its control to withdraw from the tournament, the team/s will not be paired for the remaining matches.
8. The session of play shall be of 40 moves in 90 minutes followed by 30 minutes sudden death rule. In case of availability of Digital Clocks in absolute numbers the time control shall be 90 minutes for the entire with 30 seconds increment from move one.
9. Scoring system: The team winning the match will be awarded „2‟ points and losing team „0‟. In case of draw, both the teams will be awarded „1‟ point each. For example, teams winning by 4 - 0; 3½ - ½; 3 – 1 or 2½ - 1½, will be awarded „2‟ points, irrespective of their score.
10. The final positions of teams shall be determined by the number of points scored by each team.
11. The position of teams, which finish with the same number of game points, shall be determined by the application of the following tie-breaking procedures, in sequence from (a) to (b) to (c) to (d) to the extent required.
(a) By the sum of the game scores of all the teams opponents.
(b) By the sum of match points won.
(c) By the sum of the game of all the opponents defeated plus one half of the game scores of all the opponents with which tied result was achieved.
(d) By the sum of the game scores of all the team‟s opponents, excluding the opponents who scored the highest number of game points and the opponent who scored the lowest number of game point.
12. For breaking the tie for Board Prizes; the higher placed team member will be considered for Board Prize.
13. What-so-ever the circumstance is, request pertaining to postponement of first round will not be entertained.
14. The walk-over time shall be 15 minutes.
15. Each team while sending their eligibility Performa will also confirm in writing that they will bring two Chess clocks and two Chess sets, along with them.
16. Board Prize Winners will be awarded only the Merit Certificates. (No Medals).
17. The members of teams winning “Team & Individual Championships” will be awarded Merit Certificates & Medals.